Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Of Boars and Spears

So, I want to go kill a boar with a spear.

There's an outfit in Florida which can guide me affordably (although I'd need to bring my own spear, which I haven't got yet).

And thus, I find myself seriously considering it.

I've never been a fan of hunting an animal with firearms... at least, not in terms of an act that is enjoyable in and of itself...

But getting up close and personal, using a sharp piece of metal on the end of a stick? Stabbing a wild pig as it rushes at you?

Somehow, that dings my trolley.

Now, if I could just dredge up ninety bucks for a good boar spear....

No comments:

Post a Comment