Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

North Country Blues

So, it's been a while.

After finally deciding Indiana wasn't so bad- for reasons I'll hit a little later- I ended up leaving.

For Utah.

Yes, Utah.

A state where I know no one. A state where I have no history. A state more or less white-bread sanitized by the dominance of the Mormon Church.

But I'm living rent-free, and that counts for more than somewhat.

But back to Indiana.

As my time there wound down, I was shocked to discover something truly appalling- while I still haven't got much use for that state, I've made the best friends of my life there. Seriously.

There's a certain Scumfuck and his wonderful wife and his beautiful daughter who I regard as family. And that definitely goes for the ugly dude in their basement, too... and all the other insane nerd revolutionaries we ran with.

There's an old redneck in the southern part of the state who's like a second father to me.

There's my aunt and her common-law husband, who I barely knew when I went to college- and who now rank higher in my estimation than almost anyone not on this list.

There's the Usual Gang of Idiots I worked with, who were always up for a jaunt to the greatest bar in the known world.

Then there's the staff of that bar, who I've come to regard as dear friends.

All of that.... and I've left it.

For Utah, which, as of this writing, will now ALWAYS be the state where I tore my ACL and fractured my tibia.

So, while I sit in an Anchorage, Alaska hotel writing this, I only have on thing to say about my move...

God, I hate it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment