Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back North

So, about a week ago, I managed to escape the hellhole of Utah and return to the hellhole I grew up in, Fairbanks, Alaska.

I am already a little happier.

For one, I am back on familiar ground. The forest I ran through as a child is still here, I know the roads, and I know where almost everything is.

And with luck, I'll be someplace where I can learn a thing or two inside of a year.

You see, it came to me while I was dragging myself over the hills and dales of Ogden, that I may be in a position to be of extra help to my comrades in arms, given enough time.

Because I will be living in the closest thing available in the United States to a Third World country. Many Village houses have no running water, and getting supplies from the wider world is both expensive and time-consuming.

Essentially, I will be getting a much-needed test run in areas like personal rationing and fending for myself with what is at hand. Yes, I'll have a safety net.

But you have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment