Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Tree-Hugging Moment

Yes, you read right.

Today, I felt a very hippiesh sense of rage at, of all things, litter.

Allow me to elucidate-

I was walking the dogs along a Utah mountainside, as I do every day.

And then the old dog, who doesn't so much as grunt when her arthritis keeps her from jumping into the car, actually yelps.

The cause?

A bail of rusty barbed wire some asshole had dumped on the hillside. While the bail itself hadn't been impacted, the old girl didn't see the single strand sticking out until it had lacerated her leg.

So, I don't know what the fine for littering is here, but I DO know that whatever moron left that thing out there cost my family three hundred bucks in veterinary bills.

So what say we skip the middleman, and the responsible party either cuts us a check for three hundred bucks OR I go and inflict three hundred dollars worth of damage on something they value.

That's fair, right?

Ooops.

Vengeance. What a shitty hippie I'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment