Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Of Moose and Men

Dinner tonight consisted of steaks hewn from the carcass of an honest to God Alaska Moose.

How I've missed that flavor, the taste I've always considered something of a blend between beef and venison.

My only regret is that I wasn't the one who'd killed it.

No, this largess came from a relative of my dad's best friend. That worthy does not buy meat in grocery stores.

Not when a moose can tip the scales at well over one thousand pounds.

And thus, while I sat in an unfinished house in Ogden, God-Help-Us-Utah, I was able to feast upon a wild creature struck down for no more reason than because it is, in a word, delicious.

My enthusiasm to return to Alaska could not have gotten greater... but it IS more motivated now.

No comments:

Post a Comment