Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The High Country

So, I have finally found something I enjoy doing in Utah.

Today, instead of limping around the neighborhood as physical therapy, I drove up into the mountains and started walking up an old, unused road.

And somewhere up there in the big empty, I managed to have a good time.

I saw nothing particularly noteworthy- just the mountains around me.

I did nothing particularly cool- just limped along for about an hour and a half on my bad leg, letting the snow cushion the impact with the ground.

Nothing profound, nothing earth-shaking.

Just a stroll in the sun in the high country, in sun strong enough that I was in my t-shirt in short order.

And I would have kept walking forever, if I hadn't had the dogs with me.

After all, old crappy roads have to end up somewhere.

But for just about ninety minutes, all was right with my world.

And that's worth a bit of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment