Fundamental Truths

  • In war the best policy is to take a state intact.
  • Too Much is the Same as Not Enough
  • Fear is the Mind-Killer
  • All Warfare is based upon deception.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Of Taste and You

Allow me to begin by slaughtering some sacred cows.

Ready?

I hate Pink Floyd.
Most Jazz pisses me off.
Dio was better than Ozzie as Sabbath's front man any day of the week.
College sports are, frankly, boring as fuck (I will make exceptions if YOUR school or its most hated rival are somehow involved).
The NBA sucks.
No car excites me in the slightest.
The allure of Will Farrel escapes me (aside from Anchorman, which, frankly, would have looked good on anyone).


Now, the point of all of this?

The point is, my distaste for any and all of these things shouldn't fucking matter to anyone but me.

But without fail, ONE of these opinions will start a war of words in any and all social settings I have ever encountered.

Which goes beyond being stupid.

Your world will not end if I hate your favorite movie or band.
But it might if you keep bugging me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment